My knitting fears, hopes, dreams, and what comes of them.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Winter Break FOs

Hello!! Here are some FOs, as promised.

I'll start off with the hats. The first hat was knit as a Christmas present for my dad. The pattern is the New York Hat. I used US #6 needles and Caron Simply Soft in Dark Country Blue. Dad really seems to like the hat. He wore it all day after I gave it to him, and has had it one every time I've seen him outside.



Next is a hat I knit for a friend, Brandon, as a wedding present. This hat is called 1337 Hat Redux, and was my first attempt at intarsia. I like the way it came out! This hat is actually two hats knit together at the brim, and then the plain one is stuffed inside the decorated hat as a liner. I used Caron Simply Soft yarn in Black and Lemonade on US #7 needles.





The project I'm the proudest has to be the socks. I call them my Johnny Socks, because after I turned the heel of the first sock I declared that its name was Johnathan (I name everything!!). I knitted these socks in about a week, and they fit like a dream! I am very pleased that my first socks turned out so well. It's hard to tell, but thet have a cabled pattern. The yarn is Brown Sheep Wildfoote Luxury Sock Yarn in Elderberry. I used four US #2 DPNs.





And last but not least, here is the yarn that I hand-painted over the holidays. There's about 450 yards of worsted weight silk yarn there, and I'm planning on knitting a hat and wrist warmer set. I call the colorway Silkberry because I can't think of anything better.





And that's all for now! I have one hat in the works, I ordered the yarn for my afghan today, I'm getting ready to start a scarf, and I'm contributing a square for the Terry Pratchett Afghan (or "Pratchgan"). Busy busy busy! And to think, school starts in a few days!

~Kero

No comments: