My knitting fears, hopes, dreams, and what comes of them.

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Another LYS Trip...

Becky, Valerie, Justin, and I went to our LYS yesterday! Much fun. We bought Valerie a birthday present (some beautiful lace weight yarn. She's making a gift for her host mom when she goes to Japan). Becky found some of her favorite yarn on sale, the book she's been wanting, and she bought me some crazy cool novelty yarn that I'm making a headband with. Pics to follow.

ALSO!! I got compliments on my calorimetry TWICE yesterday. Once was from a random girl on campus that stopped Becky and asked, "Where did you buy that?" and the other was the other of the yarn shop who thought it was amazing and had to look up the pattern for herself. Squee.

We're going back to the store today for Becky's b-day present. I found the yarn I want to make my afghan out of, but it's $10 a skein and I need over ten skeins. :( Not in the budget right now. I wish I could buy it one skein at a time, but then my dye lots wouldn't match. Anywho, I do need to go back to Wal-Mart and grab a few skeins of Caron Simply Soft to make my dad's hat and Kelly's hat.

One last thing! The person I made the Jayne hat for received it yesterday and LOVES it! I am sooo happy!
~Kero

No comments: